How do I add members to my group?
- Administrators can invite members both in the app and on the web, but it is easiest to do the biggest administrative tasks on the web.
- There is space for 500 members in one main group.
- Email and mobile numbers are used for identification and to log in to Spond. It is therefore important that no members are added with the same contact information and that it is only added to the person they belong to.
- If you want to add custom member fields, it is recommended to do this before importing members so that it is included in the spreadsheet.
Import from Excel og Google Docs (copy-paste)
- Go into the group and press the Members tab. Here you can add a new member directly or add several simultaneously from an existing excel document by pressing Import members.
- A blank spreadsheet will open and you can copy and paste the information you have into your existing document like this;
(if you have created sub groups already, you can tick off which sub group they are in)
If you have a child/youth group and want to add contact information to the child members, you can tap on the settings wheel in the upper left corner to select the child to be able to answer themselves. If the child is not going to reply to events etc. themselves or does not have contact information, leave the field blank. It is sufficient enough to add 1 guardian with 1 contact point (email and / or mobile number) for the group invite to be sent to them. It is optional to enter date of birth and address. Guardians can also add more guardians later. Read more
- When you're finished, press Import in the top right corner. Now you have the opportunity to invite members to all or selected upcoming events in the group. You can also skip this step and invite them to the events later.
- After the members of the spreadsheet have been imported, a group invitation is sent by email / text message automatically. They can then accept this, sign up and sign in to the app to access the group. If someone is already using Spond they will receive a notification in the app with the group invitation and can accept it here.
Email and mobile numbers are used for identification and to log in to Spond. It is therefore important that no members are added with the same contact information and that it is only added to the person they belong to. (E.g dont add the guardians contact point next to the child)
Via group link
An alternative to adding members through the spreadsheet is to use the group link. A group link can easily be shared via text message, email, Facebook or Whatsapp. You can find this link below the Import option.
Tip: If the members of your group are asking for a group code even though you have already added them as members you should check to make sure they have registered with the same contact details that you have added them to the group with. Read more.